Thursday, August 19, 2010

Guinea Pig.


So the way I see it, this blog is bound to help me with one of three things:
1) it will assist me in getting away from things I want to get away from (i.e. my brother practicing his trombone at 10:30 at night)
2) it will keep up my impeccable grammar skills so that I can continue to correct my FATHER, family, and friends at a moment's notice
3) it will stop my head from exploding
or
D) all of the above.
Now I know that's 4, but a) math was never my strong suit and 2) I felt adding that in there was appropriate.

Let's see...who I am I?  If you're reading this and you don't already know please don't tell me; and for those of you who have forgotten here's a little refresher:
For those of you who think you've read this, you have; I stole it off of my Facebook because I didn't feel like coming up with new stuff:

1. I’m a perfectionist about really pointless stuff, i.e. scrapbooks, slideshows, posters. I will seriously freak out if the picture heights don’t match or a line isn’t straight and have been known to spend hours fixing said problems. But everything else I can usually whip out in around half an hour.

2. I’m addicted to House, it’s the one show I can watch for hours on end. That is why USA is my best friend because of their random House and Law & Order SVU marathons.

3. I have a feeling that once John Stamos joins Glee that that will become my new addiction.

4. If someone says something that are also lyrics to a song, I will start singing that song. Guaranteed. Now whether it’s out loud or in my head depends on who I’m with, but I promise you it always happens.

5. My mom and I are freakishly close. We have every season of Gilmore Girls on DVD because it reminds us, and my grandmother, of our relationship. She’s my best friend.

6. I’m not a clean person by any means, when it comes to my room that is. It’s gotten better since I moved out, but there were times I couldn’t see my floor at home.

7. I’m obsessed with pictures. If I could be assured I wouldn’t get weird looks I would take pictures all the time. They’re everywhere. In my room alone there are 49.

8. And yes, I’m the type of person who would spend the time to count all of them.

9. My parents got divorced when I was 9 and, as bad as it sounds, I’m happier for it.

10. When I go home for Christmas I essentially live in two worlds. I have two (twin) step-brothers and a step-mom at my dad’s and at my mom’s it’s just her and me.

11. My favorite movie has been and always will be Beauty and the Beast. The day my VHS player ate my Beauty and the Beast video tape was the saddest day of my life.

12. I switched my major from Business to Radio/TV/Film last year and it was seriously the best decision I’ve ever made. I want to be a film editor when I grow up.

13. My step-mom has some strange obsession with driving places rather than flying. Like driving from Dallas to Cincinnatti for my grandmother’s funeral. I still don’t understand the logic behind that one. I think she might be scared of planes.

14. I was dead set against going to TCU until my dad made me take a tour of the campus. The rest is history. Thanks Dad.

15. My mom and I went to 5 movies in 6 days over Christmas break. It’s what we do.

16. My mom is the reason I’m a film major. I can quote To Kill A Mockingbird and my favorite Hitchcock film is Rebecca. That I owe to her.

17. My clarinet and guitar both have permanent spots in my room, in my closet and beneath my window. Neither gets played as much as they should but it’s good to know they’re there.

18. The people I live with are incredible. I’m convinced they will be in my life forever, all 4 of them.

19. I can stay up hours later than anticipated looking up youtube footage of musicals. Thank God for the people who break billions of copyright laws everyday in order to allow me that luxury.

20. I never had any older siblings but my Dad’s brothers and sisters filled that void.

21. When I was in second grade our teacher made us watch a movie about tornadoes and it said Texas had over 200 tornadoes a year, from that moment on I was petrified and hated anything that had to do with weather. To this day I still don’t like when the sky gets any color other than blue or grey.

22. I have had one dog that truly belonged to me, she died almost 3 years ago. However I do enjoy being entertained by Winston, who belongs to my mother, and Austin, who’s Bobby’s.

23. My favorite place in the world is London. I could spend all day at Westminster Abbey and then go to the West End at night and be perfectly content with my life.

24. I am planning on having to move to either LA or New York after I graduate. Thinking about it makes me feel around 35 different emotions at once, some of which I never knew I had.

25. I’ve accepted the fact that Neil Diamond has and always will be a part of my life and I would just like to thank him for choosing my name to put in his song. The group Outkast however, I do not wish to thank.

Those are the well written parts of my life, but I also:
Bleed purple.
Hate burnt orange.
Hate heat almost as much as I hate burnt orange.
Love hugs.
Love my friends.
Love hugs from my friends. (I made Michael get out of his car to give me a hug today only to find that he was drenched in sweat; I took one for the team)
Think Johnny Depp is a complete and total genius.
Will admit that Sweeney Todd is my comfort movie.
Have a semester left before I enter the real world; here's to hoping it's the longest semester in existence.
Want a puggle when I grow up.
Had this feeling that when I quit band it wouldn't be able to function without me; I was wrong.
Have seen Wicked 4 times and Beauty and the Beast 5.
Was more excited to hear that Alan Menken was adapting Newsies for the stage than seeing Beauty and the Beast for the 5th time.
Got into a BIG fight with my step-mom when she thought that Dean Martin starred in To Kill A Mockingbird.
Got into a BIGGER fight with my step-mom and step-brother because they said Michael Buble couldn't sing.
Saw Idina Menzel perform with the symphony this summer and I'm not afraid to say she's my idol.
Would like to work as an editor for Glee when I grow up.


"The Sexy Six"
Sarah, Morgan, Julie, Caroline, Jessica, and Jenna.


And at 12:54 I've lost my mojo, so here's to you and yours' and of course to the preservation of my sanity.













































































































No comments:

Post a Comment