Monday, July 11, 2011

What kind of question is that?

Ok, this post is dedicated entirely to the stupidity of the task ahead of me.  I've been asked by "tumblr" to name a movie that I "watch when I want to feel down."  What kind of crazy is that?  Who would want to watch a movie deliberately to feel down?  Screw alcohol, you want a new depressant, just turn on this movie.

Dumb.

Well, I find Schindler's List depressing.  I find Titanic poorly made an depressing.  And I find most romantic comedies unrealistic and depressing.  I'm just gonna go out on a limb, and probably get shot in the process, and just say any Nicholas Sparks film adaptation I watch knowing I'll be "down" at the end.  These are the types of movies where you go into the movie expecting to feel slightly less happy about the life you're living when it's all over.  Why?  Because guys like Noah Calhoun and Landon Carter simply do not exist.  I'm a cynic, plain and simple, but that crap he writes is bordering on science fiction in this day and age.  Does that mean I'm not holding out for a Ryan Gosling look-a-like?  Of course not. I just am anticipating waiting a while to find him.




I want it to be Thursday at 9, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment