Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Think My Indian Name Would Be "Night Owl."

Ok, this one's gonna be short sweet and to the point, mainly because I'm tired and am determined to hit the gym in the morning.

Ok, day 3, which is in all actuality day, like 7 or something.

Day 3 - A Film You Watch to Feel Good

My mother and I have a BUNCH of these ranging from slasher musicals to romantic comedies, but most of them seem to have one thing in common: they take place in London or have British people in them.  I'm fairly confident my mother would say hers is "Julie and Julia," which partially takes place in Europe, so YES, it counts.  I however am going to go out of the box and not name, "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet...Street," because in my opinion that movie transcends this category.  My current "feel good movie" of choice would have to be "My Best Friend's Wedding."  At this point I'm going to go ahead and blame my recent month-long marathon of "wedding-ness."  I was in 2, attended 4, and low and behold, during this time, Starz decided to play this Julia Robert's classic at least once every 48 hours.  I have wedding on the brain and therefore came up with this movie, however my choice is not completely unfounded.  This movie has one of the most iconic scene's in all of movies.  While in a "Joe's Crab Shack-esque" establishment Rupert Everett is discussing his whirlwind, and completely fabricated, love affair with Julia.  Now for those of you who don't know, Rupert's character is flamboyantly gay and Julia has lied to her BFF to make him jealous because she's just found out he's getting married and has discovered that she's in love with him.  Enter very in depth plan to break up impending marriage.  Regardless, at "Joe's" Rupert explains their "Doris Day/Rock Hudson Extravaganza" (if you get that reference I will seriously buy you a gumball) and then he breaks out into "Say a Little Prayer for You."  Before you know it, the entire restaurant, including a claw-wearing piano man, erupt into this massive rendition of the song while you watch Julia Roberts die of embarrassment.



If that's not reason enough to claim this is a "feel good movie" than I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment