Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Just Keep Swimming.

So far in 2012, I've learned how to play Chicken Foot, taken a Christmas card picture, flown back to LA, and used FaceTime for the first time.  I've discovered that this will be my contact method of choice because 1) it runs on WiFi, so the dead-zone in my apartment is deemed irrelevant and 2) it's not as awkward as talking on the telephone.  I managed an hour and a half long conversation with Trey, which I can guarantee would've lasted about 2 minutes had we not been able to make funky faces at each other the whole time.  We're back at work and today's pretty chill, as I expected it would be.  And the editorial department has decided that one of our New Year's resolutions is to lose weight.  Sean has taken on the approach of "never eating again" while Naomi and I just spent a good 15 minutes analyzing the nutritional facts on the California Pizza Kitchen menu.  I have until reshoots to lose 15 pounds and get tan...ready, set, go.

If I've learned anything this year it's don't take anything for granted.  Our unit production manager had a heart attack on the 30th and died.  One of my high school friend's mom's just found out she has terminal cancer and now has to decide whether she wants to live for 24 months or for 6.  Nothing is a sure thing and I plan on never letting the little stuff phase me again.  I have a great life, a job I love, and friends that I can talk to, make funny faces at, and watch fix themselves bowls of mint chocolate chip for hours at a time.

Oh and I plan to blog more, because the 1400 miles distance thing between friends sucks.  I gave Trey the official tour of the apartment last night, maybe I'll upload that shiz to this so people can get the full effect.  Granted it evidently seems smaller on video than it does on pictures so I may just leave it to the imagination.

Alright I should probably do something productive now, but I will probably salivate over my salad that may or may not get here within the next two hours.  What a gripping life I lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment