Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bazinga Punk. Now We're Even.

So I'm now required to make two plaques for "Best Gift Giver Ever" for my other boss (our assistant editor) Naomi because she has managed to procure for me two tickets to a taping of "The Big Bang Theory" next Tuesday night. It still amazes me how these people get all these connections. A friend of hers is a Co-Executive Producer on the show and now my mother and I will be going to Warner Brothers Studio with VIP status. So seeing as how 2012 has started, this looks like it's going to be a pretty damn good year. And I ordered a Zumba kit that I saw on an infomercial at 2 o'clock in the morning. And no, I'm not one of those people that orders everything she sees on the home shopping network, I had been thinking about taking a class but 1) that would require me leaving my apartment, 2) that would require me paying for more than one if I liked it, and 3) I have no one to go with. If that last one makes me sound like I'm five than so be it, I, however, am proud of my hesitance to try new things alone. So now I can embarrass myself while attempting to lose weight in the privacy of my own home.

My birthday is on Sunday. I will be 24. And while I'm told on a daily basis how young I am or scoffed at because the first time I'd heard "Your Song" was in Moulin Rouge, I always imagined 24 as being just plain old. I no longer think of it as being old, just the first step in reaching my late 20s.

In other news, I may be forced to try Thai food today. I've never had Thai food. I've never had in interest in trying Thai food. But that's what happens when you mention that you've never had Thai food, you're forced to try it. And for someone with the eating habits of a 5-year-old boy, the entire concept of trying something new is somewhat overwhelming. Especially when the only thing I've heard about it is that it's spicy. I live in Texas and I'll eat steak till my heart's content but I don't do spicy.  We'll see how this goes.

1 comment:

  1. Well Well Well...look who it is. Little Carebear. Or as I like to call her "Funshine". Shut it Caroline, you know you love that name!
    Anyway, I had to comment because I want to say that Thai food is the fucking shit. the end.
    oh and i love you and stop being so damn picky. It is about time that you grow up from Chicken nuggets and french fries. ha!
    miss you and love you always

    ReplyDelete