Thursday, January 5, 2012

One of Those Days.

Yesterday sucked. Today will suck. At least the latter half when the whole of the bungalow will be going to Andy's funeral and it will be empty. Currently, however, we're trying to make a vacuum sound like an airplane and listening to Ryan do his best Dean Martin impression in the other room. I spent a majority of my day yesterday bracing myself for a wake, needless to say, none of that preparation helped. There's no good way to approach something like this, where you walk into a room and realize that while your life may not be so different, there are people in the room who will never be the same. He was 56 and died alone while his family was out. You never know at which precise moment your life is going to change. You never know how it will change. And no matter how hard you try you will never understand why. There isn't a reason for these type of things, sometimes things just suck. Trying to justify it won't help you feel better about the fact that there's a 16 year old standing up there talking about how her father died when she was on a ski trip. If I'll take anything away from this it's that it's never a bad time to tell your friends and family that you love them. It's given me the desire to accomplish everything I want to accomplish before I die, whether it be in 300 some-odd days or when I'm 95 and can't remember how to tie my shoes. I guess in some weird way this is the push I needed to always remember to live, to love, and to laugh...often.

Last night was the first night since I've been here that I wished I was back home. What I would've given to have been able to drive to someone's house and just cry with them.

On a lighter note my boss just scared the shit out of Naomi while she was trying to make turbulence sounds. It feels good to laugh. And to those of you that actually read this, no I'm not turning emo on you, I promise this is a one time thing. Well not a one time thing, I mean people in my life will die and I will be sad again, but I'm taking this one as a resolution incentive. Don't take anything for granted and live life the way you want to live it. Period. End of story.

Rest in Peace Captain Andy, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment