Saturday, December 31, 2011

We all have one year to live. Make it a good one people.

So, if the Mayans, or the Incans, or whoever, have it right I've got less than a year to win an Oscar, marry Ryan Gosling, and have two really good looking children. Go big or go home people.

Since I evidently missed the memo about writing reflective Facebook statuses about 2011, and considering the amount of stuff that's happened in 2011, I decided to blog about it instead.

When I look back on it, I guarantee that this will be the year that I consider to have "become a grownup." If you had told me when I was standing in Trafalgar Square a year ago that by this point, TCU will have won the Rose Bowl, I would have found a job, moved to LA, and worked on a major motion picture, I probably would've asked you what you were smoking.  But amazingly enough it happened.  And if you had added in the tidbit about Ryan Kwanten, I probably would've taken you to the mental institution myself.  I now pay MOST of my own bills, live in a TINY (yet stylish) apartment, and managed to adapt to living 1400 miles away from everything I know rather smoothly.  Sometimes I still don't understand how I haven't called up my mommy telling her that I want to come home.  It's bound to happen, but the fact that is hasn't yet is somewhat encouraging.  I go back Monday and when I do, I'm going to help create an actual movie, I'm going to learn how to do what I plan to do for the rest of my life.  All I have to say is if 2012 is anything like the past 3 months have been, I'm in for one hell of a ride.

Peace, love and frogs everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog and love the photo!!! 2011 was HUGE for you!

    ReplyDelete