Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And I Was Doing So Well...

Well, just as I think I've got this whole updating consistently down I end up not writing for almost a month.  For a week of that however, I was in Los Angeles making the decision that I would be moving there within the next few months.  I have informed my roommates and most important people so therefore I can shout it from the rooftops: "I'm moving to LA to become a post-production assistant and make no money!"  It won't be glorious, but I will be there.  Prayers are appreciated.

Hypothetically Day 7:

A movie that reminds you of your past: "Jumanji"

Basically everything with Robin Williams reminds me of my past, I mean think about it: Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, Aladdin.  Need I say more?  This movie defines everything that is my childhood.  It came out when I was in the second grade, I saw it, and then decided to take 20 of my little second grade pals to see it for my birthday.  I feel horrible for anyone else that decided to go to the theater that night.  I was a big Kirsten Dunst fan after "Little Women," which I will go into more depth about tomorrow, so add Robin, a bunch of animals, and the butler from "Richie Rich" and I was good to go.  A couple of my friends had to leave the theater because it was evidently too intense for them, but some people just can't hack magical board games.  Speaking of which, I was so obsessed that come Christmas of the next year I was the proud owner of the really crappy real-life adaptation of the same board game.  I still have most of the cards/rhymes memorized.
I like to think of this movie as my first taste of what would become an obsession with thriller/scary movies.  It's a classic and if any 23 year old tells you differently...they're lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment